This section lists the software applications and the libraries used in the course. In addition, it includes some additional resources that might be useful for the creation of web applications.
Software In Use
- Node.js 18.14 (LTS) and npm
- Visual Studio Code
- Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (at least Chrome 88+ or Firefox 85+)
- React Developer Tools (Chrome extension or Firefox extension)
- DB Browser for SQLite
Additional libraries (e.g., React, Express, sqlite, ...) will be installed via npm.
Guides and documentation
- Essential documentation around web technologies and development: Mozilla Developer Network (MDN)
- React official website and (beta) documentation
- Bootstrap 5.2 and React Bootstrap
Other Useful Resources
- Simulate a mobile device from a desktop browser (e.g., with Chrome's Device Mode)
- Web design: