The new Dog 2.3 has been released on March 19, 2012. The new version is featuring major improvements and bug fixes including new technologies support and facilities to run Dog as a daemon. In particular, new supported technologies encompass:
- KNXNet/IP, the latest KNX bus protocol
- Echelon networks based on the Echelon iLon100 smart server
- Modbus networks (based on Modbus TCP protocol)
While support to running Dog as a daemon includes:
- the ability to remove/add bundles and drivers at runtime, without shutting down the running Dog instance
- the ability to run Dog as system service on Linux
Are you eager to try the new version?
A customized just-enough OS distribution based on OpenSuse 12.1 is now available to download and experiment with!